Have a great idea? We’d love to hear it! Read on for our submission guidelines, general pitching tips, and our current needs for: Health, Beauty, Fashion, Relationships, Career, and Culture.
Please only send pitches; do not submit full drafts of stories/op-eds. We only accept pieces that haven't been published elsewhere.
In any pitch to Evie, please include the following:
A Sample Headline for the piece.
Where you’ve been published (include links to pieces).
A Paragraph Summary of the piece.
Your angle of the piece in 2-3 sentences.
Links to your relevant social media (Twitter, Instagram).
Sources for the piece that you have access to (provide links).
Please email pitches to email@example.com
If you’re hoping for more guidance on what to do (and not to do), read on. These tips will help you get your idea across quickly, clearly, and professionally.
Step 1: Get to Know Evie
Step 2: Know What Kind of Content We're Currently Looking For
Review the list of topics we're currently looking for at the bottom. Keep in mind, a piece should always be in line with Evie's Mission and should feel original or be unique in its approach.
Step 3: Make Your Subject Line A Great Potential Headline
Try not to get too fancy, cheesy, or vague. Your subject line can read like a sample headline, for example, "SUBMISSION: Hook-up Culture is Making Us Miserable" — not something like “Fun and fabulous gal wants to write for Evie!”
Step 4: Keep Your Intro Short And Simple, And Present Your Pitch Clearly
Keep your email intro short, professional, and easy to read. Briefly introduce yourself in a sentence, list the names of the sites that have published your work (and link any related articles you’ve published), and then get straight to your pitch. Try to paint the full picture of the piece using as few words as possible.
Step 5: Follow the Submission Guidelines
This ensures that we can review your pitch in a timely way. Pitches that don’t follow these guidelines may not be considered.
Step 6: Finally, Please Be Patient and Don't Get Discouraged If You Don't Hear Back
Please note: We are currently receiving a higher than normal volume of submissions, which has delayed our typical response time.
We have to be selective about what pitches we choose because of the number of submissions we get. Please allow seven business days before following up again. If you have several pitches rejected, don’t get discouraged! Sometimes it's about timing :)
We can't wait to hear from you! Happy writing!
We are currently accepting the following types of pitches for SEPTEMBER 2019:
Type: Evergreen pieces and news-related stories.
RELATIONSHIPS (Dating, Marriage, Sex)
This is our most popular category. We are open to any topics related to Dating, Marriage, Sex, etc.
CULTURE (Pop-Culture, Entertainment, Society, Politics)
- Feminism & The Middle East
- A list of the 10 worst / best countries for women to live in
- First-person pieces based on timely entertainment news or TV/movie events.
- Movie reviews of female-focused films
- TV show reviews
- How to have epic game nights with friends
- Relevant positive stories on celebrities
- What's wrong with PC and "Cancel" Culture
- Thoughtful and neutral takes on the 2020 election.
HEALTH (Nutrition, Fitness, Body Issues, Wellness, Psychology)
- Feminine hygiene and self-care
- Sexual Health
- Fun workouts you can do with your significant other
- Fun, healthy activities for women who hate hitting the gym
- Breast Implants - personal stories
- Challenging Aspects of Beauty Culture: (Example: Why Botox actually makes you age faster)
- Oral hygiene - natural ways to avoid the dentist (Example: Coconut pulling)
- Ageism (Example: 25 Pictures That Show Women Why We Should Celebrate The Unique Beauty of Every Age)
- Guides to meditation / de-stressing for everyday women
BEAUTY (Skincare, Makeup, Hair)
- How to keep a healthy complexion/color through the fall
- Natural makeup
- Beauty trends
- Skin routines
- Makeup product reviews for each skin tone and type
- How to rejuvenate hair that’s been dyed many times
FASHION (Style Tips, Trends, Shopping)
- Comfiest Fall Styles
- Best brands on a budget
- Cute vacation outfits (tropical, city, etc.)
- How to look amazing at a wedding without taking away from the bride
- Cutest swimsuits for each body type (Sexy and Modest options)
- How clothing choices send signals, and to make sure you're communicating the ones you want
CAREER (Advice, Networking, Self-Improvement, Money)
- Reading lists to rejuvenate your spirit during the fall
- How to properly budget your money
- How to have an amazing vacation this fall on a budget
- How to become socially appealing
- Money Diaries - Practical and simple ways to be more frugal